- Fares are in Australian dollars, include GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are subject to change without notice.
- Children aged 4 – 15 years receive up to 50% discount off the Adult fare unless otherwise stated.
- Adult fares apply to persons 14 years and over
- It is highly recommended that infants and younger children be seated in an appropriate child restraint seat (with extension cable). These can be hired locally, or the customer may bring their own. If needing to hire locally, your agent or hotel/concierge may be able to assist you.
- Infants and children under 7 years must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour.
3. Courtesy Central City Pick Ups
- Please wait at the designated stop location 5 minutes prior to pick up time.
- Pick up times may vary depending on traffic.
- To ensure a Central City pick up please make sure you have made a reservation with Gray Line Tasmania.
- Gray Line Tasmania will make every effort to find all guests at their agreed pickup location. If the guest is not found within 3 minutes of the agreed pickup time the guest needs to make their way to our central departure location (Brooke St Pier Hobart and Cornwall Square Transit Centre Launceston) before the tour departure time.
- No surcharge applies for credit card payments
5. Cancellation Policy
- A 100% cancellation fee applies for tours cancelled within 24 hours of departure when no notice is given.
- A 100% cancellation fee applies for no shows
- If notice of cancellation is given within 24 hours of departure and the tour is re-booked, a 20% amendment fee of the tour price may also apply to cover any 3rd party enforced amendment fees.
- Cancellation fees imposed on Gray Line Tasmania by our supplier will be passed on.
- 80% refund will be provided for COVID related cancellations if 3rd parties enforce amendment/cancellation fees
- 100% refund will be provided for COVID related reasons if 3rd parties do not enforce amendment/cancellations fees
- Bookings via 3rd party agents need to refer to the agent T&Cs for their cancelation policies.
6. COVID-19 Provisions
The Coronavirus disease (COVID19) is a highly infectious disease that can cause serious illness or death. Due to the nature of the virus, exposure to COVID19 remains a risk wherever people are present. Rules and regulations for COVID19 requirements may vary by state in Australia and travel companies may also have their own conditions. It is your responsibility to check the relevant company and/or government website to ensure compliance with current requirements, in case your travel plans may be affected. These rules and regulations are subject to change based on government guidelines and directions. Gray Line Tasmania current COVID19 protocols are outlined below.
Gray Line Tasmania currently does not require proof of vaccination to travel on our day tours. We do request that you take personal responsibility for your health. This includes:
- Bringing your own personal protective equipment and sanitiser.
- Social distancing in outdoor settings.
- Wearing a fitted mask where social distancing is not possible, including when inside the coach.
- Maintaining hygiene practices throughout the day.
- Adhering to any signage or instructions from staff.
Our stringent cleaning protocols ensure that we operate our sightseeing day tours in the safest manner possible. Coaches are cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis with hospital grade agents. Our driver guide will also undertake sanitising of high touch surfaces inside the vehicle at regular intervals during the tour.
In addition to above:
- Pricing may be reviewed at Gray Line Tasmania’s discretion.
- Gray Line Tasmania may not operate for blocked out periods or may cancel / not offer any tours or all tours with no notice.
- Gray Line Tasmania reserves the right to introduce additional levies to cover any costs imposed by COVID-19 requirements.
- Goods and services come with certain guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. These terms and conditions are subject to those guarantees.
- A reference to “client” means the person making the booking.
- Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when fuel prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
- Gray Line Tasmania reserves the right to combine tours with another operator to deliver the service if our minimum numbers are not met.
- State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. Gray Line Tasmania employees are not responsible for monitoring this requirement. Police fines apply to passengers not wearing seat belts.
- Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
- Gray Line Tasmania vehicles with seat belts will have at least one child restraint anchor point.
- Gray Line Tasmania is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
- Gray Line Tasmania drivers are not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian. Gray Line Tasmania drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle as their primary focus.
- Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
- Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. Gray Line Tasmania reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
- All reservations are subject to availability.
- Gray Line Tasmania has wheelchair lift vehicles available on our Public Day Tours.
- Passengers requiring a wheelchair lift vehicle should book via telephone on (03) 6234 3336 at least 48 hours prior to departure and inform Gray Line Tasmania of their specific requirements.
- Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
- Passengers travelling in a wheelchair must travel in the wheelchair unless a spare coach seat is available.
- Wheelchairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
- Where a wheelchair lift is fitted, Gray Line Tasmania is responsible for the operation of the wheelchair lift or ramp. Gray Line Tasmania wheelchair accessible vehicles will have generic anchor points and straps for use.
- Gray Line Tasmania is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheelchair. Gray Line Tasmania employees will assist in anchoring wheelchairs but a parent, guardian, carer or assistant will be responsible for ensuring the wheel chair is properly anchored.
- No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any Gray Line Tasmania vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted on any Gray Line Tasmania vehicle.
- Gray Line Tasmania reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
- Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Tasmania is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage. Gray Line Tasmania will exercise due care and skill when loading and unloading luggage.
- Gray Line Tasmania employees may request assistance in loading or unloading any luggage items.
- Gray Line Tasmania is not responsible for any property left or thought to be left on a Gray Line Tasmania vehicle. Gray Line Tasmania will endeavour to search each vehicle at least daily for lost property and store it at the Brooke St Pier Office for a minimum period of 48 hours. Gray Line Tasmania reserves the right to dispose of or destroy any lost property after this time.
- Any lost property found must be collected from a Gray Line Tasmania’s Brooke St Pier office within 48hrs. Postage of lost property is at the cost of the owner of the property.
- Gray Line Tasmania is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on Gray Line Tasmania vehicles and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
- Gray Line Tasmania recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
- Gray Line Tasmania directly supplies bus transportation services.
- Any third-party arrangements are collateral to the bus transportation services we directly provide you. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) arrange relevant contracts between you and relevant third-party goods and services providers, as may be relevant to the particular tour you have booked.
- Gray Line Tasmania exercises due care and skill in choosing third party providers of goods and services but has no control over, and to the extent permitted by law, no liability for, the goods and services provided by relevant third parties.
- All third-party arrangements made on your behalf are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party suppliers.
9. Indemnity/Limitation of liability
- You agree to indemnify Gray Line Tasmania in relation to any loss or damage suffered by Gray Line Tasmania in respect of goods or services provided to you in respect of third party arrangements, including but not limited to, claims in relation to damaged equipment e.g., ski equipment, golf equipment, luggage, photography equipment etc
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Tasmania shall not be liable for any injury, loss, accident or delay that may occur due to factors beyond our direct control or by reason of any act or omission of any third party.
10. Recreational services waiver
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Tasmania , its employees, directors and agents are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of Gray Line Tasmania , including but not limited to any liability for recreational services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose you have made known, expressly or by implication, to Gray Line Tasmania or because Gray Line Tasmania failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you, which you made known, expressly or by implication, to Gray Line Tasmania or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Tas) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
- You acknowledge that recreational services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur. You assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue Gray Line Tasmania, its employees, directors and agents for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
- Please see the below prescribed warning in relation to recreational services in Tasmania you participate in, to the extent that they are held to be supplied by Gray Line Tasmania. By booking this tour you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
11. WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012
Under the Australian Consumer Law (Tasmania), several statutory guarantees apply to the supply of certain goods and services. These guarantees mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you—
- are rendered with due care and skill; and
- are reasonably fit for any purpose which you, either expressly or by implication, make known to the supplier; and
- might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these statutory guarantees do not apply to you. By purchasing a service from Gray Line Tasmania, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the services provided were not in accordance with these guarantees, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in clause 9 of this form.
NOTE:The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
12. Force Majeure
- If any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond the reasonable control of Gray Line Tasmania, prevents Gray Line Tasmania from performing in whole or in part its obligations:
- Gray Line Tasmania is relieved of that obligation to the extent and for the period that it is unable to perform such obligation; and
- Gray Line Tasmania will not be liable to the other party to this agreement for failure to perform such obligation to the extent and for the period of non-performance contemplated by this clause.
13. About us
- Gray Line Tasmania is owned by Experience Tasmania Tours and Charters.
- Gray Line Tasmania’s parent company Experience Tasmania was established in 1996.
Terms & Conditions last updated June 2023