Tasmanian Devils and Richmond
Half Day Bus Tour from Hobart
A Devil of a tour! Tasmanian Devils, Koalas and Kangaroos plus a Richmond visit.
Explore Richmond village and meet the Tasmanian Devil when you join this popular tour for a wonderful afternoon of history and wildlife. Your afternoon will be filled with a visit to the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and historic Richmond village. You will have the opportunity to experience close up interaction with Australian native animals and see Tasmanian iconic species such as the Tasmanian Devil.
A visit to Richmond, takes you back to colonial days. Nowhere else in Tasmania is the romance and nostalgic charm of the colonial days more alive than in Richmond. Stroll down the main street lined with beautifully restored buildings. Enjoy a stroll on the historic Richmond bridge, the oldest convict-built road bridge in Australia. You have time to explore the many sites and attractions that Richmond has to offer.
Highlights of this tour
- Travel across the Tasman Bridge into the Coal River Valley and onto Richmond – a unique and historic town resplendent with mellow stone cottages, classic Georgian mansions and home to the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia and the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Stroll along the picturesque Coal River and through the village.
- Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries for unique gifts or souvenirs.
- Perhaps taste some local produce from one of the many cafes and restaurants
- Onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley where you will have your chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile.
- A wildlife sanctuary run by a passionate team of people, it is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian Devil (traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is ‘purinina’).
- Be amazed by what you will learn when taking part in an up-close encounter with ‘The Devil’ and other Tasmanian and Australian native animals.
- Stroll the grounds of the sancturary and hand feed the animals that roam free.
- You will have great photo opportunities on this fun-filled day
Fare includes live commentary, bus tour to Richmond and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary entry fee.
FREE WIFI on coach, subject to availability.
Share this tour:
Do you love historic tours?
Grand Port Arthur
Experience the historic Port Arthur site including Isle of the Dead guided tour.
Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, Port Arthur is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Port Arthur with
Port Arthur with
Tasman Island Cruise
Port Arthur, Tasman Island cruise
Cruise Tasmania’s rugged coastline, rich with wildlife before arriving in the historic site of Port Arthur where you will step back in time and learn about life on the island as a convict.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Experience the romantic and nostalgic charm of colonial days with a visit to Richmond.
Tour the highlights of Hobart then travel to Richmond, one of Australia’s most original historic villages.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Grand Hobart and
Grand Hobart including
Mt Wellington, Richmond and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Grand Hobart is a combination tour of Mt Wellington, the Hobart City tour and afternoon Tasmanian Devils tour
Hobart City Historic
Sites and Gardens
Hobart's Premier Tour
Hobart, Richmond, Tasmanian Devils
Enjoy a comprehensive introduction of Hobart City followed by a visit to the historic town of Richmond and up-close experiences with Australian animals
Open Top City Explorer
Hobart Hopper – Open Top Explorer
Hop onboard the Hobart Hopper with your knowledgeable local driver guide & experience the history, culture & lifestyle of Hobart on this fully escorted tourTIMES & BOOKINGS