Russell Falls, Mount Field NP
Full Day Bus Tour From Hobart
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this amazing full day bus tour to Tasmania’s Russell Falls and the pristine rainforests of Mount Field National Park.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
Departs at 9.15am
Returns by 4.00pm
Heading north-west from Hobart along the beautiful Derwent Valley, enjoy sights of native birds and quaint towns. Travel through dense rainforest fern glades and experience the stunning Russell Falls located in the Mt Field National Park. Take a stroll beneath the huge fronds of the forest canopy before time for lunch (own expense) at the Waterfalls Cafe and return journey to Hobart.
Mt Field Bus Tour Highlights
- As we leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk – the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
- Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
- Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
- Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
- Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
- Visit the Museum – all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
- Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
- Return to Hobart alongside the Derwent River crossing Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran manufacturing firm
- There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
Admission to Salmon Ponds with morning tea and entry to Mt Field National Park
FREE WIFI on coach, subject to availability.