Russell Falls, Mount Field with
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Full Day Bus Tour From Hobart
Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls, Salmon Ponds and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. The natural beauty of Russell Falls at the Mt Field National Park, and an encounter with a Tasmanian devil at Bonorong.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
Departs at 9.15am
Returns by 5.00/5.30pm
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this incredible bus tour to the pristine rainforest of Mt Field National Park. Visit the Salmon Ponds and see Australian native animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Wilderness and Wildlife Tour Highlights
- As the bus leaves Hobart and follows the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley, keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk – the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
- Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
- Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
- Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
- Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
- Visit the Museum – all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
- Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
- There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
- Arriving at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, get ready for your up close encounter with the iconic Tasmanian Devil and other native animals
- This is an amazing opportunity to learn more about our unique wildlife and perhaps hand feed the animals that roam free.
- A wonderful way to end the day before we head back to Hobart with so many special memories and experiences
Morning tea, Entry to Mt Field National Park, Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
FREE WIFI on coach, subject to availability.