Russell Falls, Mount Field with
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls, Salmon Ponds and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
Departs at 9.15am
Returns by 5.00/5.30pm
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this incredible tour to the pristine rainforest of Mt Field National Park. Visit the Salmon Ponds and see Australian native animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
- As we leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk – the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
- Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
- Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
- Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
- Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
- Visit the Museum – all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
- Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
- There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
- Arriving at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, get ready for your up close encounter with the iconic Tasmanian Devil and other native animals
- This is an amazing opportunity to learn more about our unique wildlife and perhaps hand feed the animals that roam free.
- A wonderful way to end the day before we head back to Hobart with so many special memories and experiences
Morning tea, Entry to Mt Field National Park, Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
FREE WIFI on coach, subject to availability.
Do you love historic tours?
Grand Port Arthur
Experience the historic Port Arthur site including Isle of the Dead guided tour.
Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, Port Arthur is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Port Arthur with
Port Arthur with
Tasman Island Cruise
Port Arthur, Tasman Island cruise
Cruise Tasmania’s rugged coastline, rich with wildlife before arriving in the historic site of Port Arthur where you will step back in time and learn about life on the island as a convict.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Experience the romantic and nostalgic charm of colonial days with a visit to Richmond.
Tour the highlights of Hobart then travel to Richmond, one of Australia’s most original historic villages.TIMES & BOOKINGS
Grand Hobart and
Grand Hobart including
Mt Wellington, Richmond and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Grand Hobart is a combination tour of Mt Wellington, the Hobart City tour and afternoon Tasmanian Devils tour
Hobart City Historic
Sites and Gardens
Hobart's Premier Tour
Hobart, Richmond, Tasmanian Devils
Enjoy a comprehensive introduction of Hobart City followed by a visit to the historic town of Richmond and up-close experiences with Australian animals
Open Top City Explorer
Hobart Hopper – Open Top Explorer
Hop onboard the Hobart Hopper with your knowledgeable local driver guide & experience the history, culture & lifestyle of Hobart on this fully escorted tourTIMES & BOOKINGS