Historic Richmond Highlights
Half Day Afternoon Bus Tour from Hobart
Tour the highlights of Hobart by luxury Gray Line coach then travel to Richmond, one of Australia’s original historic villages.
This bus tour will give you maximum time at Richmond Village, set on the beautiful Coal River.
A visit to Richmond, takes you back to the romance and nostalgic charm of the colonial days. Learn about the village on a short orientation tour with your driver before exploring the main street lined with beautifully restored buildings and the historic Richmond bridge, the oldest convict-built road bridge in Australia. You have time to explore the many sites and attractions that Richmond has to offer.
All Aboard Your Luxury Gray Line Coach
- Head out the Brooker Highway passing North Hobart and New Town
- Derwent Entertainment Centre
- Richmond – one of Australia’s most unique and historic towns dating from the 1820s
- Enjoy a short orientation tour of Richmond with your driver
- Stroll across the Richmond Bridge – Introduce yourself to the local ducks, as they forage for good under the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia
- Also set in this idyllic location is the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Perhaps visit Richmond Gaol – operational from 1826
- Taste some Coal Valley region wines and local produce (own expense), shop or just relax.
- Whatever you choose there’s plenty of time to explore the village, its quaint cottages, unique shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Richmond map and discount coupons
- Excellent photo opportunities all round!